The 2019 racing season is around the corner and like last year, we’re updating the IDF Race Rules with a range of ideas and suggestions we’ve received over the past 12 months.
Here’s a list of the changes that you will find in the new version of the rules (v1.5). These changes are highlighted in yellow.
- Technical Inspection of Equipment (art.4.1): The tech inspection is not required to occur before the race but can happen at any time during the race at the discretion of the race officials;
- Continental Ranking point system (art.9.3.2): for the calculation of the continental rankings, both WC and WQS races will be awarded the same amount of points.
- Proto wheels (art. 5.1.7 & 5.2.10): prototype wheels, or wheels that are not generally available on the market, are not allowed during either practice or racing, for reasons of both safety and fairness.
- Pushing lanes (art.6.5): this rule was already in the rulebook but will be enforced and applied at all events.
In addition, the Organizer Manual was updated to v8, and we added the following article:
- Additional safety barriers (article. 3.3.1): organizers must provide a removable barrier or gate before the start line and after the finish line in order to prevent any unexpected passing of unauthorized people or vehicles.
You can find both updated documents on our website at the following links: