Time flies when there is a world cup circuit to manage. For those unaware, the International Downhill Federation (IDF) is built on a group of 7 ‘board members’ who volunteer their time on a daily basis to help organize the world cup circuit and all of the back end work that it entails.
Every two years an election is undertaken to determine the group of board members for the two years to come. Between January 29 to 31, all active IDF members will be able to vote to elect the next IDF Board Members for the following term.
In addition to the ability to vote, paying IDF members who have been active for a year may also run for the board and volunteer their time to help run the organization. These positions are purely on a volunteer basis and to run for the board you must be willing to spend 5-10 hours a week. Experience has shown that members who are not currently racing have more time to spend towards the IDF through helping at events and between events.
Being part of the IDF board is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the international community for downhill racing. Through volunteering you will undoubtedly learn new skills, work with a global team that supports each other, travel to events, and help shape the future of a growing sport.
- The candidate members form (candidate process) will be open between from December 15, 2018 (22:00 CET) until January 1, 2019 (22:00 CET).
- Candidates will have to provide a bio, a motivational letter and 'plan' on how they will achieve their proposals.
- Board candidates will be presented to IDF members on January 14, 2019 on the IDF website.
- All paying IDF members can vote for candidates from January 29, 2019 @ 22.00 CET to January 31, 2019 @ 22.00 CET.
- The AGM will be held online, on January 31, 2019 @ 22:00 CET. 7 board members will be announced at the end of the AGM.
- The executive board members (President, General Secretary, Treasurer) will be designated at the next IDF Board Meeting, to be decided by the board members, within a period of 21 days following the AGM.
This is not a popularity contest. Both members running for positions and members voting for positions MUST consider that the board consists of individuals with a depth of knowledge in event organization, racing, business, technology, finance, and other applicable skills. Voting for your ‘favorite skater’ doesn’t cut it.
Below is the current 2017 – 2018 board:
- Federico Barboni
- Max Vickers
- Mike Girard
- Carl Sambrano
- Zak Maytum
- Billy Bones
- Tamara Prader
- Maga McWhinnie
The second list of names are deemed inactive as they unfortunately were unable to contribute their time to help do the work associated with their roles. If you’re thinking about running and have any questions about the work associated with volunteering, please reach out to us. We want our board members to be certain of their time commitments and excited for the role.
We hope that all members realize the scale of this opportunity and either consider running for the board or place their votes for candidates when the voting period commences.
It’s an exciting time for downhill racing and we want YOU to be a part of it.