Between January 13 and 15, 2017, all active IDF members will be able to vote to elect the next IDF Board members, for the following 2 years to come.
Once elected, these (7) Board Members will elect the non-executive Board Directors (4) and the executive Board Directors (President, Treasurer, General Secretary). You can find out who's who on the IDF website page under About → The IDF Board.
It is the 2nd election in the history of IDF and the actual President (myself), the General Secretary (Colin Beck) and Treasurer (Lee Cation) will not run for a position on the board again. That means there will be a completely new executive team for the 2017/18 season.
- The candidate members form (candidate process) will be open between from November 15, 2016 (22:00 CET) until December 15, 2016 (22:00 CET).
- Candidates will only be accepted through the form below. Candidates will have to provide a bio, a motivational letter and 'plan' on how they will achieve their proposals.
- Board candidates will be presented to IDF members on the January 2, 2017 on the IDF website.
- All paying IDF members can vote for candidates from January 13, 2017 @ 22.00 CET to January 15, 2017 @ 22.00 CET.
- The AGM will be held online, on Sunday January 15, 2017 @ 22:00 CET. 7 board members will be announced at the end of the AGM.
- The executive board members ( President, General Secretary, Treasurer) will be designated at the next IDF Board Meeting, to be decided by the board members, within a period of 21 days following the AGM.
Any (paying) member that has been a member of the IDF for more than a year can be a board member, according to our constitution. Experience though showed, that members that are still racing, not only can't help on events but also can't give enough time to the IDF in between races.
If you are still racing and consider to candidate, make sure you will still be able to give 5 or 6 hours of your time to the federation per week.
In order to help candidates to get familiar with the tasks they will have to handle, the current board members and volunteers, listed their tasks in a document, with their length and frequency. It may not include all small tasks but it gives a glimpse to the larger work that has to be done to run the IDF. You can see the IDF tasks file here.
We hope all members will feel concerned by this election... so don’t just complain, VOTE and make a difference !!!
You need to be a paying member (and logged in) to apply as a board member.